Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a top-notch molecular diagnostics laboratory located in Northeast Atlanta who's seeking a Director of Revenue Cycle Management and Reimbursement to join their team.
The Director of Revenue Cycle Management and Reimbursement is responsible for timely and accurate completion and submission of all laboratory billing, including, but not limited to: ensuring departmental regulatory compliance, providing guidance and counsel to supervisor(s) and staff and monitoring collections and other internal indicators. This position is responsible for leading and planning the billing operations. The individual is responsible for designing, implementing and enforcing policies and procedures, as well as streamlining effective billing processes across multiple markets.
Work Schedule: M-F 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m., and longer hours based on workload
– Oversees the lab billing department and works closely with management to evaluate department's productivity and performance to ensure revenue
– Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and billing and collections policies in order to facilitate attainment of accounts receivable (AR) targets
– Champions revenue cycle improvements throughout the organization including working with appropriate individuals including medical records, billing, denial management, etc., to aid in the resolution of identified revenue cycle issues
– Actively participates in staff development and assessments to support industry best practice
– Provides direction and leadership within all areas of the billing department including but not limited to reimbursement, coding & compliance, and credentialing business units
– Monitors and makes decisions regarding the value and collectability of accounts receivable. Makes recommendations and procedures to keep Days of Revenue in AR at acceptable levels
– Prepares monthly analysis and reports pertaining to department
– Perform other duties as assigned
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Bachelor’s Degree College degree in accounting, healthcare administration, business management/administration preferred
– CPC (Certified Procedural Coder) preferred
– At least 10 years of medical billing experience in a laboratory/diagnostic environment
– Prior experience billing within clinical molecular diagnostics
– At least 5 years supervisory experience
– Experience with medical terminology, CPT, ICD9 and ICD10 terminology
– Knowledge of pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations related to patient billing and collection
– Knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
– Knowledge of all regulatory reimbursement and insurance related requirements
– Effective, clear, and persuasive oral and written communication skills with individuals and groups
– Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
– Strong skills in fostering working relationships
– Detail oriented; organized; sets priorities; meets deadlines
– Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
– $70,000 – $100,000 based upon experience
– Medical, Dental, Vision
– Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, and Life insurances
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job ID: 10771