Director of Finance
Trenton, NJ · Job ID: 9775 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Are you an experienced Healthcare or Laboratory Finance professional ready for the next step in your career? Lighthouse Lab Services is representing an excellent full service clinical and toxicology laboratory in between Philadelphia and Trenton, New Jersey that is looking to provide someone like you with a great opportunity to further your career as their Director of Finance.
In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, account reconciliation and profit and loss reporting. The Director of Finance will oversee all accounting activities related to income auditing, accounts payable processing, and accounts receivable collection. He or she will also be responsible for directing and coordinating the overall functions of the Business Services from the point of the intake to the payment reconciliation. The Director will ensure the maximization of cash flow while improving patient, providers, and other customer relations.
The ideal Director of Finance is a reliable professional with broad knowledge of all accounting, financial and business principles. They are strategic thinkers and effective leaders who can make strategic decisions to facilitate growth within the business divisions in the company. They have the ability to manage processes and operations for both on-site and remote finance and billing staff to ensure company strategic financial pillars are met for the fiscal year.
PHEW—that was a mouthful. As if that wasn't enough, both Philadelphia and Trenton have something to appeal to everyone. They're both cities that offer great quality of life and excellent entertainment and nightlife. If this sounds appealing to you, we'd love to receive your application.
– Drive the financial planning of the company by analyzing its performance and risks
– Retain constant awareness of the company’s financial position and act to prevent problems
– Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
– Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel (management accountants, internal auditors etc.)
– Oversee all audit and internal control operations
– Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a quarterly and annual basis
– Conduct analysis to make forecasts and report to upper executives
– Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
– Manage all on site and remote Lab billing personnel
– Set department KPI, and execution strategy
– Design and execute department strategic plan in accordance with overall company operational goals
– Design LEAN process improvement strategy and measures to provide critical guidance and objective measures on overall performance
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Proven experience as Director of Finance or similar role
– In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
– Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
– Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software An analytical mind with a strategic ability
– Excellent organizational and leadership skills
– Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
– BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
– MS/MA is preferred
– CPA or other relevant qualification is a plus
– 5+ years of Laboratory billing experience
Compensation and Benefits:
– Competitive Salary (based on experience and qualifications)
– Full Benefits
– Relocation Assistance (case-by-case basis)
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
Job #: 9775