Director of Healthcare IT
Trenton, NJ · Job ID: 9771 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Are you an experienced Laboratory or Healthcare IT or LIS professional ready for the next step in your career? Lighthouse Lab Services is representing an excellent full service clinical and toxicology laboratory in between Philadelphia and Trenton, New Jersey that is looking to provide someone like you with a great opportunity to further your career as their Director of IT.
As Director of Laboratory IT, you'll have the opportunity to take over the infrastructure oversight of all technical operations. Our client needs a hands-on professional who enjoys rolling up his or her sleeves and working with the team to achieve goals, meet quotas, eliminate security risks and increase client and patient satisfaction. The successful candidate must be knowledgeable about the hierarchical infrastructure of health care information systems, networking, database management and HIPPA privacy and security measures.
Both Philadelphia and Trenton have something to appeal to everyone. They're both cities that offer great quality of life and excellent entertainment and nightlife. If this sounds appealing to you, we'd love to receive your application.
– Develop reliable metrics for hardware, software and storage while ensuring strategic capacity planning
– Oversee the operation of server systems for both on-site and remote locations
– Identify security vulnerabilities and eliminate them with strategic solutions that increase data safety
– Direct and support implementation of software and hardware upgrades
– Identify and recommend new technology solutions that we can implement in our department
– Produces detailed time line for each application release and implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status.
– Oversee all technology operations (e.g. network security) and evaluate them according to established KPI
– Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
– Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
– Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software
– Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
– Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
– Develop and execute and IT strategic plan for domestic and international locations
– Work with senior leadership team to implement all certifications for IT data safety and security, such as SOC 2 and ISO certifications
– Design and deploy network security strategy for on-site and remote personnel
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Programming, Computer Science, or related field
– 3+ years’ management experience in an IT environment
– 6+ years’ experience working with LIS/EHR systems
– Microsoft Windows certificates highly desirable
– Experience providing IT solutions in a healthcare environment
Compensation and Benefits:
– Competitive Salary (based on experience and qualifications)
– Full Benefits
– Relocation Assistance (case-by-case basis)
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
Job #: 9771