Are you looking to take the next step in your lab career by joining a one of the largest commercial lab company? Are you tired of your current role and looking for a chance to really make an impact in your next position? Then you must keep reading.
We have a client in the Phoenix, AZ area looking for a Director of Laboratory Information Systems. In this you would be responsible for the development and execution of the clients laboratory informatics strategy to support the organization(s) innovation initiatives via the effective and forward thinking use of laboratory information system(s). The incumbent in this role will develop and maintain the roadmaps for Laboratory Informatics, be a key liaison with technical departments and be responsible for the delivery and operations of Laboratory Informatics services and meet or exceed defined service levels of reliability, innovation and delivery.
The ideal candidate should be a highly qualified executive with substantial experience overall in Laboratory Information systems, strong knowledge of Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) capabilities and possess strong leadership skills. S/he will have relevant management experience within a large, complex managed, shared services organization and possess a strong working knowledge of the Clinical & Anatomic Pathology Laboratory environment. The successful candidate should have experience managing both health system and commercial LIS environments. S/he should also be very knowledgeable to new industry advancements in Laboratory Informatics, and architectures used in customer-facing services.
- Collaborate with the technical laboratory departments, and IT&S teams to gather service requirements & initiatives
- Manage the LIS applications through design, development, planning, testing and establishment of department goals aligned with organizations strategic goals and initiatives
- Develop and Manage Leaders of teams that provides Laboratory Informatics support and 24×7 operations services for our clients (Hospital and commercial) & develop, collect and report KPI’s and SLAs for Laboratory Informatics quality and delivery
- Develop and share Laboratory Informatics roadmaps
- Assists the CIO in the creation and management of both the core budget related to the areas of responsibility and the program development budget as it relates to the implementation of new technology.
- Acts as a resource to technical laboratory management regarding build and workflows, reviews system configuration and design options in order to make appropriate recommendations for system requests.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Successful candidate must possess depth of understanding information technology service management, and the ability to assess maturity of process and technology within company
- Must possess high degree of professional confidence and credibility with communication skills, to represent LIS related concepts effectively with senior level management
- Proven ability to think strategically and translate strategic directives into tactical initiatives
- Ability to understand underlying business model and question / challenge others to think through problems, improvement opportunities, solutions, and plans
- Demonstrated success leading IT&S programs with matrixed program teams
- Successful track record of delivering programs on scope, on time, on budget, on quality and on benefit
- Proven ability to coordinate with other IT&S Directors to provide support for projects that require resources from Laboratory Informatics
- Capable of gaining support for initiatives through influence and use of business rationale
- Proven ability to influence action when others are directly accountable for outcome
- Strong business acumen and aptitude to understand key drivers for investment and ability to build compelling business case
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID: 13523