ATTENTION MEDICAL TECHNOLOGISTS! Are you currently in a position where you’ve hit your peak? Are you looking for a position where you will be challenged and pushed to grow, professionally, to the next level? Lighthouse Lab Services is currently representing a healthcare organization in Charlotte, NC that is looking for a Cytogenetic Technologist in the Core Lab that might be right for you. Ideally located between the scenic mountains of Asheville and the sandy beaches of the Carolina coast, this organization offers the best of all seasons. If this sounds like something for you so far, keep reading for more details.
Primary Responsibilities; Performs sample set up, harvesting, slide preparation and staining, microscopic analysis, photography, karyotyping and performs FISH analysis.
– Assures integrity of the specimens during all phases of specimen processing
– Performs a variety of culturing procedures including; establishing blood, bone marrow, and biopsy cultures; monitoring growth levels, making decisions regarding feeding, subculturing, harvesting, etc
– Performs various slide preparations and staining techniques (standard Geisma,, Q-, R-, C- banding and NOR staining).
– Performs detailed microscopic analysis. Assumes responsibility for ruling out chromosomal mosaicism. Makes decisions regarding optimal cells for documentation. Capable of operating automated karyotyping equipment.
– Performs FISH processing and analysis.
– Manages record keeping, maintains stock supply levels, orients new personnel in lab, institutes new procedures, and continues education programs.
– May apply cryogenic technology in specimen storage.
– Coordinates specific functions with laboratory personnel in accordance with job description.
– Manages quality control of culture apparatus which includes; monitoring CO2 levels in incubators, monitoring CO2 supply, periodic disinfection of incubators, periodic maintenance of hoods, and monitoring of liquid N2 levels.
– Stays knowledgeable about research and development within the cytogenetics field.
– Performs validation studies for new test development as required and participates in compilation of validation data.
– Reports to supervisory personnel any problems that might adversely affect patient care.
– Utilizes effective LIS and equipment data management skills.
– CG(ASCP) or MLS(ASCP)
– 2+ years
– Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Science or related discipline
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.