Lighthouse Lab Services is working with a large Healthcare organization located in New Orleans, LA and are on the hunt for a Flow Cytometry technologist.
– Perform flow cytometry-related activities as specified in SOPS and perform calculations associated with flow testing and data capture
– Maintain accurate maintenance records for equipment in the laboratory.
– Ensure quality control results are within acceptable / established ranges
– Proficient troubleshooting skills needed for flow cytometry equipment which will be replaced in the near future; current equipment includes FACSCalibur and IVIS Lumina II instruments. Validations of old equipment vs new equipment will be required
– Ensure that all flow cytometry standards and requirements are met for all associated accrediting agencies (ie. CAP, FACT, etc)
– Oversee day-to-day operation in the flow cytometry area and the staff working in the flow cytometry area to ensure that they are meeting all testing requirements.
– Save and archive flow-related lab data to ensure it can be retrieved electronically in a timely manner, as needed
– Participate in the development of new laboratory procedures and techniques; train new and future laboratory staff in flow cytometry-related procedures
– Validate and update new test methods and SOPs as new procedures are developed.
– Collaborate with laboratory manager directly to ensure any/all research-related protocols are validated before they can be moved into the clinical setting to ensure all testing and validations are completed and approved in a timely manner.
– Maintain and perform competency assessments of current and future flow cytometry staff
– Ability to work independently, make decisions, and communicate directly with the lab manager to ensure that test results can be reported in EPIC a timely manner
– Perform any / all other job-related duties as requested to fulfil this integral role in the Stem Cell Laboratory (STCL)
– Bachelor's degree in Science
Benefits and Salary;
– $28-35/hour depending on experience
– Health, Vision, Dental
– 10k sign on bonus with 2 year commitment
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#KW Job ID #14482