Flow Cytometry Technologist II
Work for a premier independent reference laboratory that serves the greater Nashville, Tennessee area with a wide array of laboratory testing. This rapidly growing, high-volume company really appreciates its employees and offers them the career opportunities of a much larger company but still maintains that home-like and down-to-earth feel that.
– Heavy emphasis on quality
– Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee
– Newly constructed state-of-the-art laboratory
– Core Lab sample volume of 20,000 across hematology, chemistry, special chemistry, microbiology departments
How They Value and Appreciate Employees:
– Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
– Time Off (Vacation, Sick Days, Paid Company Holidays, Bereavement)
– 401(K) Retirement Plan
– Life Insurance
– Supplemental Life Insurance
– Short and Long-Term Disability
– Flexible Spending Accounts
– Employee Assistance Program
– Tuition Reimbursement
The person in this position is a licensed Medical Technologist (MT) or Clinical Laboratory Specialist in Cytometry (SCYM) who is responsible for day to day processing and analysis of Flow Cytometry samples. The person in this position performs the standard duties of a Flow Cytometry Technologist without assistance.
– Performs all duties of a Flow Cytometry Technologist I without assistance from Flow Cytometry Technologist III. Displays satisfactory clinical competency on standard procedures.
– Must perform within the productivity expectations as set forth by current departmental guidelines.
– Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department QA programs and monitors.
– Assists in the training of new employees and trainees in accordance with department protocols and company guidelines.
– Validates new methods.
– Handles CAP surveys.
– Addresses client concerns.
– Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adhere to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
– Prepare and present case studies and/or continuing education activities.
– Assists in the development and implementation of training, QA programs and department protocols.
– Work in collaboration with other departments within PathGroup and its subsidiaries.
– Must be familiar with Corporate Compliance Program and Corporate Policies.
– Work with other departments within PathGroup and subsidiaries.
– Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
– Other duties as assigned.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
#TR Job ID: 12321