Lighthouse Lab Services is representing the nations leading independent provider of professional laboratory testing services, specializing in clinical toxicology, forensic science as we help them seek a Forensic Biology Assistant Laboratory Director to support the Criminalistics/IFS Laboratory Director for the functional and quality responsibility, and administration of the Forensic Biology laboratory subunit. This position will have responsibility for the technical and quality aspects within the Forensic Biology laboratory.
Education and Experience:
– Ph.D. required in biology, chemistry, or forensic science field
– 4+ years training/experience in an accredited forensic biology lab
– 2+ years experience in current DNA methods and techniques
– 2+ years experience in general laboratory management
– Experience testifying on forensic biology casework
– Strong personnel management and mentorship experience
– ABCC certified or eligible
– Budget/business management experience
– Strong oral presentation skills
– Minimum of one year of previous leadership experience
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
– Assist the Laboratory Director with implementation and maintenance of and compliance with, the quality management system of the Labs.
– Keep the Laboratory Director abreast of issues affecting the general operations and quality of the Criminalistics/IFS Forensic Biology department.
– Provide a focus on client service and performance to corporate goals on quality.
– Competitive salary/compensation
– Medical/dental/vision/prescription plan
– Flexible spending account
– Tuition reimbursement
– 401k plan with generous match
– FREE pretzels on Tuesdays, fresh fruit on Wednesdays
– In April, weeklong celebration for National Medical Laboratory Professionals
– In December, holiday celebration for employees and their families
– Halloween Potluck, Company Summer Outing, Charity Drives
– Onsite fitness room and showers
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services – 800-838-0602 lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job #11571