A robotics company with a well-established molecular reference laboratory in NY is seeking a full-time Laboratory Director to oversee and launch a high throughput, automated COVID-19 testing lab in Los Angeles, CA; the Laboratory Director will also help to establish flu testing at this CA lab this fall, with more potential infectious disease testing to likely be implemented down the line.
This company’s robots fully automate experiments that would otherwise be done by hand, allowing their team to spend more time pursuing answers to some of the 21st century’s most important questions with regard to laboratory testing and infectious disease.
- Application Processing: Complete, process, and maintain CLIA, CAP, and state specific applications and documentation.
- Equipment Recommendations: Recommend appropriate equipment and supplies for the specific molecular and cytogenetic testing.
- Laboratory Build-out and Design: Work in conjunction with instrument manufacturers to plan layout and design on the laboratory space as needed for future changes/additions to the lab.
- Validation: Assist, oversee, and guide any new validations.
- SOPs: Develop SOPs as needed.
- Recruiting: Assist in recruiting, screening, and interviewing potential staff-level employees for the laboratory.
- Test Menu: Provides guidance with regard to current and proposed test menus.
- Inspection Preparation: Prepare the laboratory and staff for upcoming inspections and surveys.
- Industry Knowledge: Keep up-to-date on industry changes in billing, coding, reimbursements, testing, best practices, and innovations.
- Billing: Provide pro-formas or other documentation as needed, estimating expected revenues based on reimbursement, start-ups costs, and on-going testing.
- Consulting: Provide on-going consultation to address regulatory and technical issues.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal candidate will possess a doctoral degree (PhD/MD/DO), one of the below listed board certifications, and the appropriate California license or eligibility to obtain it.
- ABB – American Board of Bioanalysis with molecular diagnostics experience
- ABCC – American Board of Clinical Chemistry in Molecular Diagnostics
- ABFT – American Board of Forensic Toxicology
- ABMGG – American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics (formerly known as American Board of Medical Genetics (ABMG))
- ABMLI – American Board of Medical Laboratory Immunology
- ABMM – American Board of Medical Microbiology
- NRCC – National Registry of Certified Chemists
- Current possession or eligibility to obtain a Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist License (CGMBL)
- ABP—American Board of Pathology certification in Clinical Pathology or Molecular Genetic Pathology
- Current possession or eligibility to obtain an unrestricted California Medical License
- $300,000+ dependent upon experience
- Additional bonus structure
- Full benefits
- Relocation assistance
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#TL | 13046