A large, existing research and development facility with a Laboratory Developed Test for prostate and bladder cancer is registering with the FDA and looking to launch their test to market in March. The laboratory is applying for CLEP licensure and is seeking TWO qualified laboratory/medical directors at their Albany-based location.
Ideally, the perfectly qualified individuals will have a biochemistry background and current New York Certificate of Qualification in Oncology – Molecular and Cellular Tumor Markers. Their Albany facility is already capable of running 250,000 tests annually and will be able to handle a volume of 1 million tests by March.
The company's headquarters is based in NYC; while they're looking for someone to live and work full-time in Albany for at least two years at the existing facility, there will be opportunity for these individuals to relocate to NYC to work at the larger lab space that is currently being built and that will be capable of processing 10 million tests annually; the company is flexible in this regard, however, should the individuals prefer to stay in Albany after the initial two years. If the hired individuals are not already located in Albany, relocation assistance will be offered, as will relocation assistance to NYC should the hired individuals decide to make that second move.
Candidate Qualification Requirements:
1. Degree: M.D./D.O./D.P.M. OR Ph.D. in an approved science.
2. Board certified by an HHS-approved board.
The qualification for a laboratory director of high-complexity testing is that the laboratory director must hold an earned doctoral degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science from an accredited institution and be certified and continue to be certified by a board approved by HHS. The current approved boards are the following:
1. ABB – American Board of Bioanalysis
2. ABB public health microbiology certification
3. ABCC – American Board of Clinical Chemistry
4. ABCC 24-month Commission on Accreditation in Clinical Chemistry (COMACC)
5. ABFT – American Board of Forensic Toxicology
6. ABHI – American Board of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics
7. ABMGG – American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics
8. ABMLI – American Board of Medical Laboratory Immunology
9. ABMM – American Board of Medical Microbiology
10. NRCC – National Registry of Certified Chemists
Must be certified in Clinical Pathology by the American Board of Pathology (ABP).
3. Currently in possession of or eligible to obtain the New York Certificate of Qualification in Oncology – Molecular and Cellular Tumor Markers.
4. If an M.D./D.O./D.P.M., current New York licensure possession or eligibility.
Salary: $200,000 annually
Benefits Included: health, vision, and dental insurance; paid vacation; an incentive/bonus plan will also offered
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#TL Job ID: 11292