Lighthouse Lab Services is looking for a General Supervisor to join a cutting-edge, growing laboratory located near Boston, MA. The General Supervisor will be responsible for day-to-day oversight of the laboratory, as well as supervision of personnel performing infectious disease testing.
The Role You'll Play:
- Must be accessible to testing personnel at all times testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone or electronic consultation to resolve technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures established either by the laboratory director or technical supervisor
- Is responsible for providing day-to-day supervision of high complexity test performance
- Is responsible for monitoring test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained
- Assuring that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications
- Ensuring that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning
- Providing orientation to all testing personnel
- Annually evaluating and documenting the performance of all testing personnel
- Ability to serve as a General Supervisor under CLIA standards:
- B.S. (or higher) in biology, chemistry, medical sciences or related field + 1 year of high complexity testing experience
- ASCP (or other equivalent) preferred
- 3-5 years of infectious disease testing experience preferred
- Previous experience in a supervisory role
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Health, Vision, Dental
- PTO & Paid Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#VT #Job ID: 13092