Good: Boston Baked Beans, Boston Tea Party, Boston Cream Pie, Boston Terrier.
Better: Boston – Great employment opportunities.
Lighthouse Lab Services is partnered with a Molecular Laboratory just outside Boston (Watertown, MA) seeking a General Supervisor for its operations. The General Supervisor will work with the Management Team to provide guidance and oversight to laboratory operations, personnel, and testing.
If you’re passionate about the lab testing industry and a true team player focused on creating a collaborative work environment where you and your employees actually enjoy what you do – Read on!
Specific job duties include but are not limited to:
- Works as member of the Nexus Management Team to ensure that company strategic goals are met.
- Collaborates with the Laboratory Manager to handle all personnel issues, including the hiring, development, and performance management of lab staff.
- Schedules and manage talent resources to meet laboratory goals.
- Oversees and performs all duties of a Clinical Laboratory Technologist, including specimen handling, processing, testing and result reporting according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures. 20% dedicated administrative time.
- Independently performs and documents appropriate quality control, instrument preventative maintenance and function checks. Troubleshoots and follows up on any problems/issues.
- Serves as primary contact in day-to-day logistics as well as team issues or concerns.
- Follows the laboratory’s procedures when the laboratory’s test systems are not within established acceptable levels of performance. Performs and reviews investigations of non-conforming events and documentation of corrective actions based on laboratory guidelines.
- Collaborates in maintaining a robust quality management program through evaluation of quality data and implementation of continuous quality improvement initiatives in the laboratory.
- Follow the laboratory’s safety protocols in adherence to all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient information in accordance with HIPAA
- Participates in regulatory agency inspections.
- Collaborates with other departments and clients regarding inquiries and test results as appropriate.
Minimum Preferred Profile:
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Lab Science or a biological science with academic credits that meet CLIA requirements for supervisor of high complexity testing.
- A minimum of three years directly related work experience.
- MB(ASCP) preferred.
- Molecular testing experience a plus++.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work as part of a team, and excellent problem-solving ability.
Salary, Benefits, Schedule:
- Very competitive salary.
- 1st and 2nd shift Supervisors needed.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#LK Job #14741