General Supervisor, Molecular Testing
Cincinatti, OH · Job ID: 10009 · · Industry: Molecular
Are you looking for an opportunity to have greater creative and scientific control in your day-to-day work, while working for an up-and-coming molecular diagnostics laboratory near beautiful and exciting Cincinnati, OH?
Lighthouse Recruiting is representing a molecular diagnostic laboratory in need of an experienced molecular testing professional who can act as a general supervisor under CLIA and perform some of the basic bench testing duties required of a technologist or laboratory scientist. In this role, you will be responsible for performing testing activities including equipment and test validation and troubleshooting, and providing input on SOPs as necessary.
Not only is this an excellent opportunity to work autonomously in an environment where your day-to-day contributions will really make an impact, but this lab location also provides one of the best locales in the country. Located just north of Cincinnati, OH, you will be able to live in one of the most rapidly-growing, cost-friendly locations in the Midwest. If this sounds appealing to you, and you fit the below-preferred profile, we would love to hear from you.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The Technical Supervisor of this High Complexity CLIA lab is responsible for ensuring that the clinical laboratory’s testing is being carried out in accordance with procedures and that corrective actions are taken to resolve any technical problems that arise. He or she is responsible for the supervision of testing personnel.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Remains accessible to testing personnel at all times testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone, or electronic support.
- Provides day to day supervision of personnel performing high complexity testing.
- Monitors test analyses and specimen examination to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
- Fulfills certain responsibilities as delegated by the Lab Director and/or Technical Supervisor. These may include
- Resolving technical problems and ensuring corrective actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Ensuring patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is functioning properly.
- Providing orientation to all testing personnel.
- Evaluating and documenting the performance of all testing personnel as required.
-MINIMUM Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution, and have at least ONE year of laboratory training and/or in molecular diagnostics.
– Previous experience in PCR highly preferred
– Previous experience with RNA extraction highly preferred
– Can do attitude and a willingness to take charge
– At least one year(s) of laboratory training and/or experience in molecular diagnostics.
– Exhibit understanding/documentation of the basic quality control as relates to equipment, reagents, and CLIA lab space
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Ability to work independently and collaboratively; exercise good judgment
– Effective verbal and written communication skills
-No cost Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
-Relocation assistance available on a case by case basis
Lighthouse Recruiting specializes in recruiting Clinical Laboratory Professionals. We have over 10 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, with clients ranging from small hospitals in rural Maine to large reference laboratories on the shores of Hawaii and everything in between.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Recruiting to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Recruiting will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Recruiting | 800-838-0602 | lighthouserecruiting.com
#BH Job ID: 10009