Though, it might be where Voodoo was introduced, there’s nothing spooky about great lab opportunities in New Orleans.
Lighthouse Lab Services is seeking a Lab General Supervisor for a COVID-19 testing laboratory on the set of a movie production in NOLA. This opportunity promises top pay and possible opportunities to rub elbows with some famous folks. The Lab General Supervisor will manage the lab team, perform ongoing supervisory functions, and complex molecular procedures. This person will oversee a staff of Technologists and Specimen Processors.
If you’re ready to make your own magic on this exciting project, READ ON!
Key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for training new technologists on the proper use of the facility, administrative and operational procedures, and day-to-day logistics. Serves as the primary manager in the day-to-day and on-going competency assessments of staff.
- Supervise and manage staff and handle personnel issues, including the hiring/termination, development, and performance management of lab staff. Schedule and manage resources to meet department goals and ensure the sustainability of the unit as the laboratory evolves and expands.
- Oversee and assist in duties of a Medical Laboratory Technologist, including specimen handling, processing, testing and result reporting according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures.
- Independently perform and document appropriate quality control, instrument preventative maintenance, and function checks. Troubleshoot and follow up on any problems/issues.
- Serve as the primary contact in day-to-day logistics as well as team issues or concerns
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures when the laboratory’s test systems are not within established acceptable levels of performance. Perform and review investigations of non-conforming events and documentation of corrective actions based on laboratory guidelines.
- Collaborates in maintaining a robust quality management program through evaluation of quality data and implementation of continuous quality improvement initiatives in the laboratory.
- Follow the laboratory’s safety protocols in adherence to all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient information in accordance with HIPAA.
- Participate in government or regulatory agency inspections.
- Collaborates with other departments and clients regarding inquiries and test results as appropriate.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Have a bachelor's degree in medical laboratory science and three years of pertinent full-time laboratory experience OR a bachelor's degree in chemical, physical or biological science, and four years of pertinent full-time laboratory experience.
- One-year prior supervisory experience preferred.
- ASCP certification preferred.
- Molecular Lab experience a plus
Salary, Shift, & Benefits
- Top pay
- Full benefits: Health, Vision and Dental
- Staff needed for:1st shift, 2nd shift, and F, SAT, SUN from 6a to 6p
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#LK Job #14134