Lighthouse Lab Services is currently searching for an on-site Toxicologist/General Supervisor for a laboratory near the Chattanooga, TN area. The laboratory is in current development/production/build-out stages. The job will entail helping with the complete build out/start-up, equipment/consumables placement, and go-live of testing under the support and guidance of a Technical Supervisor. The ideal applicant will have the following skills and experience:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and proficiency in the preparation, processing, analysis, data interpretation and resulting of biological samples using LCMS testing
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and proficiency in the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of AB Sciex LC/MS
- Good knowledge of clinical procedures used in the area of responsibility
- Effectively demonstrate good laboratory skills
- Knowledge of good laboratory practices (GLP) and other regulatory agency standards within area of responsibility
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrumentation and terminology used in the area of responsibility
- Basic computer skills, experience with laboratory information systems (LIS)
- Ability to maintain effective reporting procedures and control workflow
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- Ability to write standard operating procedures for laboratory testing
- Candidate must have recent (within the last 2 years) experience performing fundamental LC/MS operations
- Initially assist with laboratory build-out and start-up under guidance of Laboratory Consultant/Director
- Performs urine toxicology for quantitative LC/MS/MS analysis following SOP procedures.
- Evaluates validity of specimen results as per SOP guidelines.
- Reviews and releases results to ordering provider.
- Maintains and advises laboratory staff of testing workflow to ensure accurate and timely lab reporting.
- Performs and maintains assay quality control for all LC/MS/MS analyses.
- Documents corrective and preventative action in all testing procedures using good documentation practices.
- Utilizes knowledge, understanding, and proficiency in LC/MS/MS assay and instrumentation troubleshooting.
- Supervises toxicology testing personnel within the lab.
- Runs daily operations
- Performs both benchwork and supervisory duties
- Some accessioning will be required
Basic Preferred Profile:
- Bachelor's of Science or higher in medical technology, chemistry, toxicology, or related science plus 1+ year(s) of high-complexity toxicology testing experience
- Prior experience working with ABSciex
- Previous experience working autonomously in a clinical chemistry environment preferred.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#TR Job # 13451