Concord, CA · Job ID: 9874 · · Industry: Molecular
Are you an experienced Genetic Counselor looking for a change of scenery? Perhaps you're finishing up your grad program this December and you're looking to secure your first job as a Genetic Counselor to kickstart a fulfilling career.
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a ginormous life sciences company who's looking for a Genetic Counselor to join one of its partners—an OB/GYN MFM (Maternal Fetal Medicine) physician office—in the East Bay Area of California, between Berkeley and Concord. You'd be providing prenatal and reproductive genetic counseling services to their patients in-person during normal working hours. Since, this role is very much a patient-facing role, the client needs someone who's willing to either move to the East Bay Area or who's already based in the area. Remote Genetic Counseling is not an option for this role, unfortunately.
Other Responsibilities Include:
– Analyze intake information
– Comprehensive counseling services, completion of appropriate paperwork, communication of results, documentation to physicians and patients, and contributing to the quality/development of our genetic counseling program
– Additional opportunities for professional growth include abstracts and publications, physician education and other projects
– Provide reproductive genetic counseling services for a wide variety of indications; may have the opportunity to counsel patients for cancer risk assessment
– MA/MS in Human Genetics/Genetic Counseling
– ABGC/ABMG certification or active candidate status required
– Ability to obtain licensure prior to start date required
Compensation / Benefits / Perks / Goodies:
– Competitive Salary (based on level of experience
– Health, Vision, Dental
– PTO, Sick Leave, Holidays
– Ability to work 1 day per week from home
– AND MORE
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#BK Job #: 9874