Genetic Sales Representatives
San Diego, CA · Job ID: 7393 · · Industry: Laboratory Sales Representative
We are looking for a successful laboratory sales rep to join an established and growing genetic testing laboratory that is commencing Pharmacogenetic (PGx) and cancer testing nationwide. The panel will include:
- BRCA 1
- BRCA 2
- Hereditary Cancer
- Carrier Screening
The sales rep role would be responsible for establishing a growing new business footprints in their territory with the goal of taking this small but growing laboratory to the next level.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced clinical laboratory sales rep in genetic testing with a track record as a high-billing sales rep (and numbers to back it up) as well as a hunger for success in a growing and competitive industry. As such, you should apply if you have 3-5 years previous sales experience as a top-producing rep in a clinical laboratory. Prior experience with genetic testing sales is preferred. Bachelor's degree from an accredited university is preferred but significant lab sales experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree as applicable.
As a requirement, all sales reps will be asked to travel frequently in their assigned territory. All sales reps must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a valid drivers license, and an ability to establish and develop relationships with key account personnel.
Specific Job Duties:
– Maintain consistent client contact to ensure all clients’ needs are exceeded.
– Efficient territory planning and management including pre-call planning and routing.
– Resolving barriers and build commitment from clients to utilize testing to monitor patients on an on-going basis.
– Have a comprehensive understanding of the implementation process including account set up, customer service support, client IT set up, and lab operations.
– Prospecting and networking new clients through a variety of methods including: cold calling, networking with existing clients, internal sales contacts, in services and participating in trade shows.
– Maintain a productive relationship with each internal department within the company.
– Develop, execute, and meet business plans that forecast new business clients and growth on existing clients.
– Ability to understand and interpret industry periodicals, professional journals, health plan policies, and government regulations.
– Adhere to confidential (HIPAA) requirements (patient files, personal and proprietary information).
– Represent the Company in a positive, professional manner with the highest ethical integrity.
– Manage expenses to maximize sales while adhering to compliance.
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred but experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
– Minimum of 3-5 year’s sales experience in related pharmaceutical, healthcare, or laboratory service industry.
– Prior experience with genetic test sales highly preferred.
– Valid Drivers license and a willingness to travel frequently within assigned territory.
– $60 to $70Kk + generous commission
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#13579 Job ID: 7393