Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of clinical laboratory personnel. Currently, we are working with an independent laboratory in Denver, CO that is looking for a Hematology Supervisor to join their team.
Are you an experienced clinical laboratory professional looking for leadership opportunity? Are you detail oriented, process focused, and enjoy leading others? Are you looking for an industry leading company that offers growth and stability? We are seeking a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor to join our team near Denver, CO. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment.
Schedule: Tuesday – Saturday. 03:00am- 11:30am, flexible with schedule
· Supervise the day-to-day operations of the Hematology department
· Ensure laboratory tests are accurately performed and results are reported in a timely manner
· Directly supervise, train, and mentor laboratory personnel of the department
· Monitor daily workflow in the lab and schedule adequate assay coverage
· Responsible for ensuring all shifts in the department are properly staffed
· Research and resolve any production errors while escalating when necessary
· Engage in continuous process and service level improvements
· Ensure all equipment is being properly maintained through Quality Control
· Prepare and maintain Quality Assurance records and documents
· Evaluate new process improvements and make appropriate recommendations
· Meet regularly with direct reports to provide coaching and feedback for their development
· Perform bench work as needed and maintain proficiency/competency in technical operations
· Ensure all work is in accordance with state and Federal regulations
· Responsible for administering and managing policies and procedures
· Process and maintain payroll and personnel files
· Perform administrative duties as needed
· Normally requires a B.S./B.A. Degree w/1-3 years of experience. Must meet all State & Local licensing requirements where the laboratory is located and must meet CLIA requirements
· Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or a Science related major
· Minimum 2-3 years of experience as a Medical Technologist in a clinical laboratory
· Previous supervisor experience is preferred
· ASCP and/or AMT Certifications are a plus
· Strong working knowledge of CLIA, CAP and relevant state regulations
· Understanding of laboratory operations as well as policies and procedures
· Proficient with Laboratory Information Systems and Microsoft Office
· Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
· High level of attention to detail with strong organizational skills
· Comfortability making decisions in a changing environment
· Ability to handle the physical requirements of the position
– Health, Vision, Dental
– Paid Holidays
Pay range for this role is between $32.00-$40.00 an hour. Regular, full-time or part-time employees working 20 or more hours per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Paid time off (PTO) or Flexible time off (FTO), Company bonus where applicable.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities.
If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-974-1929 | lighthouselabservices.com
#BW Job ID #15742