Are you an experienced Histolotechnologist looking for an opportunity to grow professionally while contributing directly to the health and wellness of your community? Do you enjoy the outdoors and want the opportunity to live in California's beautiful wine country while making a great living? If so, this might be the job for you.
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a reference laboratory in Berkely, CA. This state of the art facility offers a brand state of the art lab and is close to all of the outdoor activities that Northern California offers including fishing, camping, golfing, hiking and skiing.
– Provides oversight for histology functions, including processing, embedding, microtomy, and staining
– Works directly with histology staff to ensure the day-to-day operations of the laboratory are meeting Quality, Turn-Around-Time, Equipment Maintenance, Reagent Management and Overall Laboratory Structure and Cleanliness
– Recommends and endorses test methods, including validation, documentation and implementation of test systems
– Initiates and monitors quality control and quality assurance programs for the laboratory; assures compliance with regulations; monitors all quality metrics and ensures that corrective actions are documented and implemented
– Reviews all patient case reports and images for accuracy prior to review by a Medical Laboratory Director. Makes corrections as necessary
– Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in one of the chemical, physical, or biological sciences
– HT (ASCP) and/or HTL (ASCP)
– Eight or more years equivalent experience as a Histotechnologist III and Four or more years of direct supervision in a Histology laboratory
– Advanced understanding of general laboratory techniques with emphasis on department specific techniques
– Proven leadership and problem-solving skills
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in taking your career to the next level, then you could be a good candidate for this role!
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com