Histotechnician / Histotechnologist
Chattanooga, TN · Job ID: 9774 · · Industry: Histology
Lighthouse Lab Services is partnering with a top-notch laboratory headquartered in Nashville who's looking for a Histotechnician to join their team in Chattanooga.
A Histotechnician prepares human body tissue for examination by other laboratory professionals. The person in this position performs embedding, microtomy, and all related histology tasks. This position also performs special stain and IHC procedures as directed.
There are currently 2 openings as of 12/20/2018:
– Nights: 11pm – 7:30am (1 opening)
– Nights: 10pm – 5:30am (1 opening)
– Embed all types of tissue.
– Section all types of paraffin-embedded tissue.
– Follow set protocols and procedures for embedding and microtomy.
– Keep embedding area, microtome, and workstation clean and clutter free and maintain proper QC.
– Maintain fresh solutions, stains and/or reagent.
– Perform special stain and/or IHC procedures as directed.
– Assist with case assembly and distribution as needed.
– File blocks and slides as needed.
– Properly handle and dispose of hazardous waste.
– Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department QA programs and monitors.
– Perform IHCs and Special Stains.
– High school diploma or GED required.
– Must have formal Histology training.
– 1+ years of experience working in a histology lab, performing microtomy and/or embedding required
– 1+ years of experience working in a histology lab, performing IHCs and special stains on an automated system
– HT(ASCP) or HTL(ASCP) certification preferred but not required
– Maintain appropriate continuing education for certification if applicable.
– Prior experience working in a large volume laboratory preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
– Competitive Salary
– Shift Differential
– Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
– Retirement plan
– Other benefits and perks
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#KW Job #: 9774