Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a state of the art lab providing pathology services in the Houston, Texas area. We are currently looking for two Histotechnologists to join the night shift. This person should have good experience with cutting, embedding, and staining.
1. Produce high quality diagnostic materials as requested by the pathologist to progress each specimen. These materials may be generated in any of the following processes:
a. Grossing, processing, embedding and routine H&E slides
b. Special stains, recuts, deepers, and other additional slide presentations
c. IHC, either in house or through affiliated reference labs
d. Supporting send-out, reference or other related work requested by, or of, our laboratory.
2. Performs Quality Control and documentation of all recorded processes using the laboratory information system, spreadsheets, and manual methods, as applicable. Understands the use of a ‘hard stop’ – holding the progress of a case to facilitate resolution of an issue to facilitate optimal patient care.
3. Cleans and/or maintains instrumentation, work benches and spaces, archived materials, and other relevant products.
4. Use of blood borne pathogen safety methods and personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
5. Has a strong working knowledge of basic computing programs (PC) as well as the lab information system (LIS) to manage workflow, document issues, look up cases and other routine inquiries. Able to follow a procedure to accession and perform other less frequent tasks on a PC and LIS.
6. Other duties and tasks as assigned in keeping with the overall scope of the position.
Required: High school diploma or GED
– Bachelor or Associates in related science or successful completion of a National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS) accredited Histotechnician or Histotechnologist program – or –
– Associates, Bachelors, or accrued credits in the amount of 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) from a regionally accredited college/university with a combination of 24 hours equally divided between biology and chemistry.
– With a HT or HTL(ASCP), 1 year of full-time compensated experience within the last ten years under the supervision of a certified Pathologist or an appropriately certified medical scientist.
– With an associate degree (non-registered ASCP or equivalent) or less, one year of full-time compensated experience within the last ten years under the supervision of a certified Pathologist or an appropriately certified medical scientist.
– All experience levels must be able to embed 40 routine blocks per hour and cut 30-40 x 3-level slides per hour prior by the completion of the probationary period.
Salary and Benefits:
– $23-35/hour depending on experience
– $3.00 shift differential
– Health, Vision, Dental, 401K
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-334-1658 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID #16000