Histotechnologist / Histotechnician
Alexandria, LA · Job ID: 10081 · · Industry: Histology
Hear ye, hear ye! If you're a Histotechnologist or Histotechnician, a clinical laboratory in Alexandria, Louisiana could be interested in hiring thee. Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a great reference laboratory looking to add to their team. If your interest has been piqued, keep reading!
– Evenings: 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM
Perform all of the repetitive tests in an anatomic pathology laboratory; identify direct causes (technical or instrumental) of problems and make simple corrections using preset strategies; use and monitor quality control procedures within predetermined parameters; assist the pathologist in making various examinations on submitted tissue specimens and subsequent preparations; use computer and all automated and non automated equipment in histology.
– Ensures that the company philosophy and core values are evident in the service delivered to customers.
– Takes responsibility for seeking and achieving professional growth and continued education.
– Assures compliance with CAP, JCAHO, OSHA, infection control, safety and other regulatory standards, including privacy and security of health information (PHI).
– Supports company and host hospital objectives, decisions and policies by deed and speech.
– Processes tissue specimens for microscopic examination by approved predetermined methods.
– Embeds processed tissue specimens in embedding media and orients each specimen according to appropriate predetermined methodology.
– Prepares microscopic slides of embedded tissue for examination by pathologist, utilizes microtomy techniques and established procedures for routine staining as well as any of the special staining methods.
– Prepares and stains H & E cell blocks for cytological preparations of various body fluids.
– Utilizes automated H & E staining and automated cover slipping equipment.
– Labels slides for both temporary and permanent records.
– Maintains all equipment used in preparing microscopic slides and does minor maintenance flowing established procedures.
– Maintains all quality control records for all equipment, using approved charts and/or forms.
– Troubleshoots equipment for minor quality control fluctuations, notifies supervisor, and adjusts equipment to conform to quality control guidelines, using predetermined procedures.
– Assists in inventory of supplies and submits to purchaser any information to maintain an adequate supply.
– Performs additional duties as requested by supervisor.
– Completes annual competency assessment successfully.
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Successful completion of an Associates Degree in Histotechnology from an accredited college OR a high school diploma (or GED) AND a minimum of 2000 hours in an approved hospital based Histotechnology program OR on-the-job training under the direction of a board-certified pathologist.
– Certified or eligible for HT(ASCP) or HTL(ASCP) certification is required
Salary and Benefits:
– $19.00 – $26.70 (based on experience)
– Shift Differential: $1.50 per hour
– Relocation Assistance (case-by-case basis)
– Health / Vision / Dental insurance
– 401(k) retirement matching
– Life Insurance
– Profit Sharing (after 1 year of qualified employment)
– Paid Leave
– Paid Holidays
– Long-Term Disability
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#MP Job # 10081