Charlotte, NC · Job ID: 9884 · · Industry: Histology
Are you ready for a new Histology position with room for growth and tons of opportunity? Lighthouse has the perfect position for you. We're looking for a histotechnologist to join the 2nd or 3rd shift team of this thriving organization in Charlotte, NC.
Responsible for accessioning specimens; preparing fixed tissue specimens and cutting, mounting and staining tissue sections for microscopic examination by a pathologist.
– Performs routine, special stains, and immune histochemical stains.
– Recognizes deviations from expected results and uses judgment in determining appropriate actions.
– Prepares specimens to be sent to other laboratories for testing insuring order accuracy and correct lab is chosen for testing.
– Stores or disposes of prepared specimens, slides, and blocks in a neat retrievable manner.
– Completes required daily procedures with accuracy.
– Bachelor's degree in Science
– HT(ASCP) or HTL(ASCP) or Eligibility
– 1+ years of Histology experience
– Health, Vision, Dental
– Retirement Contribution
– PTO and Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.