Atlanta, GA · Job ID: 9788 · · Industry: Staff Laboratory
The Human Resources Generalist guides and manages the overall provision of human resources services, policies, and programs for the lab and promotes and implements human resource values by planning and managing human resource programs and functions; coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs; serves on the management team; assists and advises company leaders about human resource related issues.
– Partner with the business leaders to drive integrated HR and business initiatives and support and foster a culture of engagement and high performance
– Support all people initiatives and practices including recruitment, talent, leadership development, performance management, succession planning, employee relations and retention, organizational design, compensation, benefits administration, AA/EEO compliance and diversity & inclusion, etc
– Develop and implement programs to maintain positive employee relations and to build relationships internally
– Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
– Responsible for hourly time and payroll hours reporting including vacation, sick pay, etc.
– Responsible new hire orientation programs
– Process payroll
– Perform HR transactions such as promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations of all hourly, non-exempt, and exempt employees
– Employee relations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
– Familiar with handling FMLA, LOA, ADA, STD, LTD etc. and all other state and federal laws
– Knowledge of the general principles and practices of human resource management, current employment law, and compensation administration
– Ability to apply independent judgment in making decisions and resolving problems with limited supervision.
– Ability to interpret, explain, and enforce established personnel policies and procedures.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills with all staff levels and backgrounds
– Exceptional relationship building skills and ability to partner with colleagues to influence broader HR strategies and practices to link HR strategy to business goals for the benefit of the enterprise
– Strong consulting, influencing and negotiation skills in all HR disciplines including recruitment, talent, leadership development, performance management, organizational design, compensation, and diversity
– Must demonstrate enthusiasm, a sense of urgency, attention to detail, commitment and follow-through while maintaining confidentiality and meeting deadlines.
Education and Experience:
– BS/BA degree in Human Resources or related field (desired)
– PHR/SPHR SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification (desired)
– 5+ years of experience in HR with exposure to all major functional areas of HR
– Advanced experience with ADP WFN payroll processing
– Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ADP WFN
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 / year
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
Job ID: 9788