Imagine this scenario…
You're a Histotech. It's 12:15pm on a crisp, late October Friday and your shift is finishing up in a few minutes. You've been on your feet all morning with very little appreciation from the rest of the hospital staff. Normally it bugs you but not today. Why? You and your friends Todd and Margo have a fun staycation planned for this weekend. You're going to be spending it in the rustic cabin up in the Blue Ridge Mountains that you've heard about from your semi-cool neighbor Karen's less cool cousin that one night at the lasagna party.
You imagine how nice it'll be to be snuggled up in a warm blanket next to a crackling fire reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. You plan to skip the part where Dobby dies because that part is too sad for any human being with a heart to read more than once.
"Dobby was a free elf," you whisper to yourself in a broken voice, choking back tears. Your whispers are immediately forgotten when Todd and Margot text you notifying you that they're on their way to pick you up from work.
And all of this was only made possible because you decided to give Lighthouse Lab Services a call.
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a histology laboratory based in a medical center in the Roanoke, Virginia area who's seeking a Histotechnician or Histotechnologist to join their team for the morning shift.
Duties include but are not limited to:
– Preparing tissue samples for routine microscopic analysis
– Maintaining and operating laboratory equipment according to manufacturer standards and SOPs
– Demonstrating knowledge of quality, safety, and compliance programs
– Investigating, documenting, communicating and resolving needs, problems, or complaints
– Performing histology-specific support / clinical activities
– Performing cutting, IHC and special staining
Not only this, but you will have the opportunity to live in one of the prettiest areas of the country. The Roanoke offers great scenery — I mean those Blue Ridge Mountains are pretty enough to make a grown adult cry. With a great benefits package to boot, we don't expect this vacancy to last long! If this sounds appealing and you resemble the below profile, we'd love to hear from you.
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Associates degree or equivalent in biological science or similar preferred
– 5+ years of prior Histology experience required
– Experience working with a high number of sample blocks is required
– HT(ASCP) or HTL(ASCP) certification preferred
– Cutting, IHC and Special Staining experience required
– Cytology experience a plus but by no means required
Salary and Benefits:
– $23 – $29 per hour
– Full benefits package
– Relocation assistance on a case-by-case basis
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job ID: 10768