Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a reference lab near Atlanta, GA. We're looking for a Lab Aid/Logistics Coordinator to join the day shift position and to be an integral part of a growing, fantastic culture.
– Accession patient specimens, perform general laboratory tasks, assist in maintaining lab and activities related to shipping and receiving reagents, consumables and testing kits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Receive patient specimens and accurately accession and order tests in Laboratory Information System.
– Prepare patient specimens for molecular and protein analysis- e.g. aliquot, heat inactivate, label, and appropriately store patient specimens.
– Prepare daily testing reagents, disinfecting reagents and other chemical solutions, as needed.
– Maintain laboratory equipment and equipment inventory.
– Perform routine laboratory maintenance and quality checks-temperature check, safety check, periodically disinfect and autoclave lab ware.
– Dispose off bio-hazardous material.
Promote Safety in the Laboratory:
– Be alert for potentially unsafe behavior, practices, set-ups, and situations, and correct them or bring them to the attention of the laboratory supervisor if you are unsure of the proper procedures to be used.
– Ensure proper use of PPE and other safety procedures such as proper handling of chemical spills, proper handling of broken glassware, proper collection of chemical waste for disposal, and proper disposal of non-hazardous laboratory waste.
Inventory and Logistics:
– Assist with monitoring lab supply inventory levels.
– Assist with re-ordering lab supplies as directed.
– Package and ship specimen collection kits, reagents, equipment as needed using the appropriate shipping regulations.
– Maintain frequently ordered item list
– Receive and log packing slips for laboratory supply on Purchase
– Orders as packages are received.
– Work with the management to develop and implement systems and processes to monitor and track Test kits.
– Lift and move merchandise between staging areas and racks, maintain all powered material handling equipment, maintain condition/condition of products, cleanliness of storage area, including racking system.
– Maintain Asset Inventory Log as new assets arrive.
– Assist with execution/implementation of new inventory tracking system.
– Maintain Shipping Area by keeping it neat and clean.
– Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and is subject to change at any time without notice.
Education and/or Work Experience:
– 2-Year Associates Degree in a life science field (Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry).
– 1-2 years laboratory experience.
– Knowledge of Laboratory environment.
– Demonstrated understanding of Shipping, Inventory Management and Maintenance processes.
– 1-year experience in logistics coordination.
– Working knowledge of PC computer systems, excel workbook and shipping software preferred.
– Great interpersonal skills.
– Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. Minimum.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com