Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a laboratory near Albany, NY and we're looking for a Clinical Laboratory Technologist to join a growing, fast-paced culture.
The Lab Information Systems (LIS) Manager Analyst is accountable for the efficient day-to-day management and support of the laboratory information system (LIS). We are looking for someone with experience in building LIS systems from the ground up and experience with
interfacing to a variety of instruments and customers/clients. In addition to having significant experience and knowledge working with LIS, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and supporting the design, implementation, and optimization of new laboratory IT
– Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
– Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
– Performs other related duties as assigned.
– Responsible for troubleshooting and configuration of IT related assists to support lab personnel in the areas of accounts and data management.
– Provide systems support for managing lab data and support for laboratory operations.
– Responsible for applying software-specific knowledge to assigned projects to ensure proper design, implementation and documentation.
– Coordinate implementation activities, aid in the design of integrations between systems, and perform development activities in the necessary systems and tools.
– Ensure the security and safety of all critical data that passes through, is processed by, or housed on company solutions.
– Deliver Training and Knowledge transfer deliverables to end users.
– Capable of working on new project initiatives to install new services/upgrade existing services.
– Coordinates communication of changes, outages, or enabling project work.
– Identify improvements in existing systems and work with laboratory leadership and MMT leadership to determine feasibility of options.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
– Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
– Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
– Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
– Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
– Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software. • Capable of troubleshooting computer and network issues.
– Knowledge of Laboratory Information Systems regulatory requirements.
– Knowledge of project management and implementation of new LIS systems and interfaces
Education and Experience:
– Bachelor's Degree/Medical Technologist (MT) (Optional).
– Licensure in New York State (Optional).
– 2+ year’s experience in a clinical laboratory and laboratory operations.
– 2+ year’s experience support of Laboratory Information Systems.
– Experience with HL7, Instrument interfaces, Reference Laboratory Interfaces, EMR interfaces.
– Experience in data mining, data analysis, and reporting.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
– Work is normally performed in a typical lab work environment
– High stress, fast-paced environment with a high volume of work to be completed daily
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job #12218