Home of the Blues and Birthplace of Rock ‘n’ Roll – can’t get better than Memphis!
Lighthouse Lab Services is seeking a Lab Manager for an established, moderate complexity, clinical laboratory located in Memphis Tennessee. The lab conducts fully automated testing in general chemistry, hematology, immunology. In this role you’ll report to the Medical Lab Director and be responsible for overall laboratory operational and technical performance to include but not limited to: Overseeing all testing and testing personnel; QA/QC monitoring; Equipment calibrations, maintenance, and troubleshooting; and Overall laboratory compliance.
For an exciting opportunity with us, READ ON!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Create functional strategies and specific objectives for the laboratory.
- Develop budgets, policies, and procedures to support laboratory infrastructure.
- Responsible for employment of competent and qualified personnel to perform assigned duties.
- Responsible for assuring compliance with applicable regulations.
- Ensure that the conditions of the laboratory are appropriate for the tests performed.
- Provides a safe environment in which employees are protected from physical, chemical, and biologic hazards.
- Ensure that testing systems used in the laboratory deliver quality support of all aspects of test performance, including pre and post analytic phases of laboratory testing.
- Ensure that methodologies selected have the capability of providing the quality of results required for patient care.
- Write and update procedures and manuals as needed.
- Review procedures and manuals annually to ensure current information to perform testing.
- Ensure that verification procedures used are adequate to determine accuracy, precision, and other pertinent performance characteristics.
- Ensure that the laboratory is enrolled in an HHS-Health and Human Services approved proficiency testing program for the testing performed in the laboratory.
- Ensure the proficiency testing samples are tested as required under sub-part H of the CLIA standard
- Ensure that proficiency test samples are returned within the time frame established by the proficiency testing program.
- Ensure that laboratory personnel are performing the test methods as required for accurate and reliable results.
- Evaluate the laboratory’s performance and identify any problem that requires corrective action.
- Regularly review laboratory performance with the Medical Director.
- Responsible for employee scheduling and timecard approval.
- Ensure that laboratory is adequately supplied, to prevent interruptions in testing.
- Responsible for review and approval of all laboratory invoices, including all satellite offices laboratory supplies.
- Communicate effectively and cross-functionally throughout the entire organization.
MINIMUM PREFERRED PROFILE:
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology with at least 2 years of experience in nonwaived testing in the designated specialty/subspecialty area
- ASCP certification preferred
- Previous experience managing a clinical laboratory
- Must have experience with regulatory and accreditation of laboratory operations, preferably CLIA, CAP, and AABB.
SALARY, SCHEDULE, BENEFITS
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience
- Health, Vision, Dental
- 401k with employer match
- 1st Shift with schedule flexibility as needed
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#LK Job ID #13290