Lighthouse Lab Services is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and well organized Clinical Laboratory Operations Manager to join an independent reference laboratory we work with located in Charlotte, NC.
The Clinical Laboratory Operations Manager will direct and ensure consolidated operations of the clinical and anatomic pathology sections. This position directs the overall operation and administration of the clinical laboratory, including communication, planning, staffing, fiscal management, and assuring compliance with applicable regulations. This position coordinates the operation and work flow of all laboratory services which may include Chemistry, Hematology, Immunology/Serology, Urinalysis, Laboratory Information Systems, Microbiology, Cytology, Histology and Surgical Pathology. In conjunction with the Laboratory Medical Director, ensures efficient and accurate laboratory services to physicians, patients and other departments.
– Provides visionary leadership and strategic oversight to ensure the quality of the laboratory services, including exemplary patient and customer experience. Manages human, capital and supply expenses for the laboratory.
– Provides planning, direction, and leadership to ensure regional outreach growth and competitiveness, effective laboratory operations; and effective outreach operations to grow net revenue for laboratory services.
– Utilizes human, financial material and environmental resources consistent with stewardship values and the strategic objectives of the organization. Identifies success factors and determines strategies for achievement. Monitors and evaluates quality of care in collaboration with medical director, managers, and supervisors quality improvement program, takes corrective action when needed.
– Develops, recommends, and administers department operating and capital expense budgets and ensures that departments operates within budget; identifies and implements appropriate cost-effective measures on a continuous basis. Recommends the acquisition, use and organization of available resources to ensure the provision of efficient laboratory services. Assumes responsibility for meeting stated financial goals. Responsible for ensuring a safe working environment that is in compliance with all safety standards and disaster plans.
– Promotes and initiates performance improvement activities. Provides reports, recommendations and action plans needed to meet goals, CLIA, and other required standards and regulations.
– Bachelor's degree in Science
– 3+ years supervisory experience in several lab departments
– MLS(ASCP) certified
-75-100k depending on experience
– Health, Vision, Dental
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com