– Provides technical information, coordination and direction to technical staff in a specific laboratory section engaged in performing specialized tests for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
– Monitor quality control, quality assurance and regulatory compliance.
– Participates in and facilitates the management of the operational, personnel and financial activities of the department.
– B.S. Degree required, preferably in Medical Laboratory Science or a related field. Master’s or equivalent preferred.
– Three to five years laboratory experience required, which includes one year in some type of supervisory/management role.
– Experience in an acute care hospital or health care facility preferred.
– ASCP, NCA, AMT or ABHI certification required.
– Eligible candidates will be accepted and expected to sit & pass certification exam within the first 12 months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Excellent knowledge and skills in laboratory operations.
– Able to set priorities and work under stress.
– Must be able to remain calm and tactful when resolving problems involving all levels of staff, patients, visitors, vendors etc.
– Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
– Flexible and adaptable to changing conditions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
– Financial Management
– Laboratory Operations Management
– Quality Assurance / Regulatory / Safety
– Customer Service
– Laboratory Technical Management
– Human Resources Management
– Adhere to Joint Commission (JC) standards
– Follow Patient Safety initiatives and Patient Rights
– Follow HIPAA Privacy standards
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com