Lighthouse Lab Services is on the hunt for an experience lab manager to join a growing reference lab located near the Decatur, AL area. This person will be responsible for overseeing supervisors and all of the lab departments. This includes, Molecular, Micro, Core Lab, and Tox.
· Manage laboratory and processes to ensure day-to-day operations follow internal standard operating procedures and regulatory standards of CLIA and CAP.
· Manage laboratory personnel by preparing schedules, providing guidance and direction.
· Evaluate and implement instrumentation, analytical methods, and laboratory procedures.
· Provide day-to-day technical leadership and act as operational decision maker on tactical issues.
· Provide training, competency evaluation, protocol compliance management and annual proficiency benchmarking of all CLIA laboratory personnel.
· Perform testing according to established standard operating procedures.
· Leverage a deep understanding of the process in troubleshooting assays and instrumentation as needed.
· Track samples progress and respond to sample progress inquiries.
· Support all operational aspects of quality assurance and quality control.
· Investigate and problem solve laboratory and department incidents, including driving the process forward, review and/or write non-conformance reports, deviations, CAPAs, and incident reports as needed in compliance with QMS system.
· Collaborate with internal teams, vendors, and others as needed to resolve issues, maintain ongoing functionality and document service, project management and repair work.
· Assist in preparing for, performing and responding to internal and external audits as well as any other inspections.
· Represent laboratory operations department at cross functional meetings or to guests as needed.
· Demonstrate commitment to maintaining TAT objectives, quality, and continuous improvement.
· Participate on cross functional teams to coordinate troubleshooting, process improvements, and/or implement new workflows or products.
· Maintain flexibility to cover scheduling gaps as needed.
· Manage laboratory budget, order supplies, including reagents and consumables, and perform inventory counts.
· Adapt and scale existing systems to support growth and innovation across the company.
· Other duties, as assigned.
– Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science
– MLS(ASCP) certified
– 8+ years of clinical lab experience
– 2+ years of supervisor experience over Core Lab
Salary and Benefits:
– 85-100k depending on experience
– Health, Vision, Dental
– PTO and Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#KW Job ID: 15372