Lighthouse Lab Services is working with a medium-sized hospital located outside of Jonesboro, AR in need of a lab manager to join the clinical laboratory team. This person will be responsible for the day to day operations of the laboratory. Creating the schedule, ensuring compliance with CAP and managing the employees are the main responsibilities for this position.
– Ordering supplies
– Establishes both short and long-term goals for the Clinical Laboratory Department and prepares corresponding strategic and annual financial plans, ensuring budget variances are within acceptable limits. Establishes capital equipment budgets for laboratory equipment.
– Ensures quick turnaround times.
– Hiring, interviewing, training of potential new employees
– Provide day-to-day administrative supervision of leadership team, and laboratory sections/shifts.
– Hold routine operational meetings with supervisors and laboratory staff.
– Be accessible to staff at all times testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone, or electronic consultation to resolve technical and/or operational problems in accordance with policies and procedures established either by the laboratory director or technical supervisor.
– Keep staff informed of all new policies and modifications.
– Work with leadership team and staff to make changes to workflow to achieve maximum productivity and quality.
– Serve as resource person for technical and procedural questions from staff and outside institutions.
– Oversee the implementation of new and revised policies and procedures in the laboratory.
– Establish an atmosphere that satisfies employees physical needs and safety.
– Bachelor's degree in Medical Technologist
– 4+ years of prior clinical laboratory experience as a generalist
– MT(ASCP) certified
– People Management Skills
Salary and Benefits:
– 80-100k (depending on experience)
– Health, Vision, Dental
– 403B, PTO
– Relocation assistance on a case by case basis
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com