Lighthouse Lab Services is partnered with the fastest growing reference laboratory in SC, who is dedicated to local medical professionals, patients, and communities. Our client is a premier lab that has experts in every department. Their team dedicates itself not only to providing the highest level of service in the field but to also providing great opportunity to those who join their team.
Our client is in need of a Lab Operations Manager who can lead their 2nd/3rd shift to the next level. Are you willing to take on the challenge?
SUMMARY: The Lab Manager (Off Shift) will have the experience and education necessary to proficiently oversee the operations of all laboratory activities and tests performed.
- Assumes responsibility for overall operation and administration of the laboratory
- Assumes responsibility for employment personnel who are competent and qualified to perform assigned duties
- Takes responsibility for assuring compliance with applicable regulations
- Ensures that testing systems performed in the laboratory provide quality laboratory services for all aspects of the test performance, which include pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic phases of testing
- Ensures that test methodologies selected have the capability of providing the quality of the results required for patients
- Ensures that verification procedures used are adequate to determine accuracy, precision and other pertinent performance characteristics of the method
- Ensures that laboratory personnel are adequate to determine accurate and reliable results. Ensures that the lab is enrolled in HHS-approved proficiency testing program for the testing program
- Ensures that proficiency testing reports are reviewed by the appropriate staff to evaluate the laboratory’s performance and to identify any problem that requires corrective action
- Ensures an approved corrective action plan is followed when any proficiency testing results are found to be unacceptable or unsatisfactory
- Ensures that quality control and assurance plans are established and maintained to assure the quality of laboratory services provided and to identify failures in quality as they occur
- Ensures the establishment and maintenance of acceptable levels of analytical performance for each test system
- Ensures that all necessary actions are taken and documented whenever significant deviations from the lab’s established performance specifications are identified, and that patient test results are reported only when the system is functioning properly.
- Ensures that reports of test results include pertinent information required for interpretation
- Employs a sufficient number of laboratory personnel with the appropriate education and either experience or training to provide appropriate consultation, properly supervise and accurately perform tests and report test results in accordance with the personnel responsibilities described herein
- Ensures that prior to testing patient’s specimens, all personnel have the appropriate education and experience, receive the appropriate training for the type and complexity of the service offered, and have demonstrated that they can perform all testing operations reliability to provide and report accurate results
- Ensures that policies and procedures are established for monitoring individuals who conduct pre-analytical analytical, and post analytical phrases of testing to assure that they are competent and maintain their competency to process specimens, perform test procedures and report test results promptly and proficiently and, whenever necessary, identify needs for remedial training or continuing education to improve skills
- Ensures that an approved procedure manual is available to all personnel responsible for any aspect of the testing process
- Performs other duties as assigned by Lab Manager
- Reports to work on time for all scheduled shifts and completes entire shift
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 15 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#TR Job ID # 12834