Come join the country’s premier laboratory management, recruiting and consulting firm!
With decades of laboratory start-up and operational experience, Lighthouse Lab Services and Elite Diagnostics are proud of our incredible team of scientists, consultants, and industry experts. With a rewarding atmosphere built on teamwork, recognition, and growth, we love working together to provide innovative solutions and extraordinary client service.
We are looking for Lab Specialist Superivor (specifically overseeing our Molecular Lab Specialists).
The Laboratory Specialist Supervisor, Molecular is the leader of the molecular laboratory teams, conducts guidance and supports company decisions within a wide scope of laboratory functions, particularly with regards to sample receipt, organization, supply ordering, instrument maintenance, testing, reporting, and client support. The incumbent is responsible for managing assigned reports by furthering the team’s collaborative atmosphere, communicating company goals, policies, deadlines, conducting peer reviews, and monitoring individual performance. This position manages a team of employees, including involvement in the training and hiring of team members, providing high-level client support, and monitoring and reporting on the team’s performance. The incumbent also makes higher-level decisions regarding laboratory workflow and process improvements.
As the Laboratory Specialist Supervisor, the incumbent is expected to reflect competence in all areas of laboratory activities and provides leadership through example and delegated reporting and management responsibilities to continuously improve on processes. The incumbent is expected to display a strong professional presence, be able to effectively serve clients directly, lead a team, and actively seek and take advantage of opportunities to learn new skills and acquire expertise on relevant scientific, technological, industry trends.
If you have a thirst for knowledge and the drive to accelerate your professional growth, then please apply below!
What your role would look like:
As the Direct Supervisor, handles all management administration for direct reports including participating in the interviewing and hiring processes, performance management meetings and evaluations, coaching, and timecards and PTO approvals.
- Manages, monitors, and reports assigned team’s performance on key metrics.
- Collaborates with management, as necessary, on deciding the best course of action for questionable results and signing off of data.
- Compiles monthly data reports.
- Oversees molecular laboratory client supply needs and ensures orders are placed in a timely manner.
- Provide periodic onsite visits to laboratories as needed to assess performance.
- Check daily pending samples and help the team prioritize batches base on client status and TAT delay preventions.
- Responds to client and internal emails and other communications promptly.
- Demonstrates independent judgement to resolve issues and escalates issues appropriately.
- Manages and monitor pending samples and overall turn-around times for client laboratories to meet goals.
- Assist team with data reporting.
- Addresses complex and technical issues and questions raised by junior employees and client laboratory technologists.
- Coordinates competency requirements for the assigned team including ensuring completion, proper documentation, and appropriate communication with relevant parties upon completion.
- Develop, document, standardize and modify procedures and best practices to be used for training of new staff.
- Trains new staff, documents training appropriately, provides or obtains relevant sign-off, and coordinates or provides any notated follow-up training.
- Audits SharePoint logs monthly for accuracy and completion of documentation.
- Completes mandatory training and professional development as required or requested
- Attends company meetings as required or requested.
- Ensures adherence to all State and Federal laws, guidelines and regulations including compliance with CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Maintain HIPAA requirements at all times.
- Adheres specifically to all company policies and procedures, Federal and State regulations and laws.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Qualifications we're looking for:
- Advanced Degree or advanced experience in Chemistry, Biology, or Medical Laboratory Sciences, required
- Medical Technologist certification preferred
- Industrial/clinical laboratory experience
- Minimum 3 years laboratory experience
- Molecular or infectious disease testing experience
- Minimum 1 year supervisor experience
More about you:
- Consummate laboratory skills in a fast-paced clinical laboratory environment
- Exceptional professionalism
- Uses sound judgement in escalating appropriate issues to manager
- Quality oriented approach
- Ability to effectively communicate results
- Well developed written and verbal skills
- Ability to lead a team to work to the best of their ability and maintaining accuracy of their work
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Impeccable organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work/communicate effectively with all levels of staff and clients
- Demonstrated ability to manage and maintain confidential information, documents, etc.?
- ?Ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment with pressure to meet deadlines
- ?Willingness to be flexible
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Compensation and Benefits:
– $60,000+ (based on experience)
– Medical, Vision and Dental benefit offerings
– Paid Time Off (vacation and sick days)
– 8 Paid Holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job # 12174