Lighthouse Lab Services is currently looking for a Laboratory Supervisor – Chemistry to join a well established reference laboratory near Plainview, NY. This position is responsible for ensuring quick turnaround times and the overall coordination of the chemistry department.
This is a 3rd shift position!
– Assigns, allocates, and supervises personnel assigned to the assigned section.
– Develops, reviews, and revises procedures, forms, and other documents,
– Understands and applies the principles of all tests performed by the section,
– Understands and operates instruments used by the section.
– Understands and utilizes Laboratory Information System (LIS) functionality for ordering, resulting, and crediting.
– Notifies Nursing Administrator on duty and Emergency Department when turn-around-times cannot be achieved.
– Performs bench work as needed.
– Ensures quality control and instrument maintenance and performance verification are performed.
– Ensures that proficiency testing is performed and reported to comply with regulatory requirements.
– Reviews reports and documents for accuracy and completeness.
– Calculates inventory requirements to establish ordering requirements.
– Monitors inventory to detect need for unscheduled orders.
– Computes employee time cards.
– Interviews applicants and participates in the selection process.
– Trains or retrains current staff as necessary for optimal function.
– Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related field
– NYS license, ASCP certification
– 5+ years of clinical chemistry experience
– Salary of 80-100k based on experience
– Full benefits: Health, Vision, Dental
– PTO/paid holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CC Job ID: 12223