Lighthouse Lab Services is excited to represent a laboratory in Unalaska, AK that is looking for a Lab/XRAY Technician (Temp/Traveler)!
Position Overview: After orientation and training the laboratory technician will be able to:
- Follow the Lab and X-ray Policy and Procedure Manuals.
- Follow all CLIA regulations and pass proficiency tests as required by CLIA.
- Use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) appropriately: to include gloves, mask, gown and shoe covers. Training will be provided in PPE use.
- Obtain blood and other bodily fluid specimens as ordered and process in-house labs in a timely manner.
- Maintain all lab machinery and equipment as required.
- Maintain all lab records and files.
- Access outside lab’s test results on-line.
- File all test results in a timely manner.
- Notify the Lab/X-ray Manager or Director of Clinical Services of any equipment failures or needs.
- Take all x-rays and make x-ray copies in a timely manner as ordered.
- Send teleradiology and telemedicine films in a timely manner as ordered.
- Maintain all x-ray records and files including patient file folders, daily log sheet, send out log, teleradiology log, and the maintenance log.
- Change out x-ray badges and issue new ones when they arrive in the mail.
- Maintain and clean all x-ray machinery and equipment as required.
- Do other duties as assigned by Director of Clinical Services or Executive Director.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Experience in a clinical lab or medical practice a plus.
- Previous experience conducting X-rays preferred.
Salary/ Benefits/ Shift:
- Salary Commensurate with Education and Experience
- Swing Shift (some weekends as needed)
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#INSERT INTIALS LK # INSERT JD 15682