Attention Billing Specialists in and around the Boston area! Do you have Laboratory Billing experience? Tired of your old job and looking for something new? Need a change of pace? Like my writing? Then keep reading because do I have an opportunity for you!
The Laboratory Billing Specialist position involves the support of administrative laboratory functions including providing dedicated billing and rejection support for laboratory services, tracking daily laboratory collections, reviewing electronic medical record (EMR) documents to ensure proper entry, and preparing schedules. This position may provide cross-coverage to collectors and medical assistants as needed.
The Role You'll Play:
- Performs daily billing and coding compliance.
- Follows-up on and resolves rejected, unpaid or incorrectly processed laboratory claims.
- Tracks daily laboratory collections for all assigned service locations.
- Reviews and analyzes daily and periodic charge reports.
- Proactively reviews consumer accounts in LIS to ensure timely and accurate documentation of services.
- Prepares laboratory collection schedules as needed.
- Assist with administrative/billing projects.
- Maintains comprehensive, usable records of all work completed.
- Processes and reviews account receivable and other financial reports from the EMR.
- Communicates billing concerns, etc. among clinical providers, consumers, and administration.
- Is flexible in providing coverage and/or availability among billing team and medical assistant team as needed.
- Verifies and corrects charges as necessary, adding appropriate CPT/HCPCS code modifiers.
- Manages quality assurance of accessions and corresponds with care coordinators to ensure completeness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent, Bachelor's preferred.
- 3+ years of previous experience, preferably in a physician practice.
- Knowledgeable about EMR/PM Systems.
- Previous experience with Epic Systems Preferred
- Must comply with HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Competitive Salary(based on experience)
- Sign on BONUS!
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 19 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-567-1475 | lighthouselabservices.com
#MP Job ID: 15897