Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of Clinical Laboratory Scientists in the country. Currently, we are looking for an Administrative Laboratory Director to join a growing, independent clinical laboratory in the Lansing, MI area. This lab was formed to give providers robust, fast and complete test results for infectious disease. They are looking for someone who will be a key member of the leadership team that will execute and supervise all laboratory operations there.
• Serve as full-time Laboratory Director of the CLIA licensed laboratory
• Plan, direct, and coordinate the operational activities of a brand new clinical laboratory to support the infectious disease workflow with rapid turnaround times
• Oversee all laboratory activities and staff
• Deliver regular updates to Chief Executive Officer, Chief Strategy Officer, and Chief Financial Officer to summarize laboratory performance, turnaround times, instrument downtime, productivity, and other performance metrics
• Ensure high quality results for all samples within the testing workflow
• Review daily, weekly, and monthly QC results and determine the validity of results, perform follow up as needed
• Oversee safety within the laboratory and ensure all safety protocols are followed
• Maintain regulatory compliance within the lab, including COLA, CLIA, OSHA, etc.
• Keep standard operating procedures up to date
• Develop and implement workflows for new assays
• Validate new and existing assays
• Provide technical direction, mentoring, and professional guidance to laboratory employees
• Resolve technical, instrument, or unexpected test results and ensure corrective actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
• Evaluate the competency of all testing personnel on an ongoing basis
• Drive expansion of the company
• Perform molecular diagnostic testing according to established SOPs
• Perform duties as assigned by leadership team
At least 5 years supervising others in a CLIA/COLA high-complexity laboratory (preferred previous Laboratory Director)
• At least 3 years managing a molecular diagnostic laboratory
• Experience in infectious disease testing highly desirable
• Experience with QuantStudio 12K workflows
• Ideally experienced with Thermo Sensititre systems
• Excellent communication skills
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work with others to plan and carry out scientific programs
• Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
• Impeccable attention to detail
Salary Range: $100,000 to $125,000
Benefits • Paid Time Off • Holiday Paid Time • Health Insurance, including Dental and Vision • 401K options
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com