Laboratory Director, Clinical Chemistry
Kansas City, KS · Job ID: 9672 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Are you looking for an established, employee-oriented lab company that puts quality testing and personnel retention at the forefront? Tired of your current surroundings and interested in relocating to a city that Forbes ranks among the best downtowns in the country, as well as the best cities for career growth? Look no further!
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a superior reference laboratory in Kansas City, KS that is searching for its next Laboratory Director overseeing Clinical Chemistry. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall operation and administration of the general laboratory, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring that the laboratory complies in every way in applicable state licensure laws, accreditation standards, and federal certification standards.
- Ensuring that testing systems/platforms in the laboratory provide quality services in all aspects of test performance.
- Participating in writing of new methods, SOPs, and other test protocols.
- Assisting in all regulatory reviews and ensuring that records are properly maintained.
- Assisting in the design, implementation, and oversight of the laboratory's quality management systems.
- Assisting in the preparation of budget recommendations including with respect to staffing levels, education, and qualifications of personnel.
If this sounds appealing, and you meet the below-preferred qualifications, we would love to hear from you!
Basic Preferred Profile:
- PhD or MD with a board certification from the Americal Board of Clinical Chemistry (DABCC) and/or the American Board of Pathology.
- 2+ years of experience directing or supervising high-complexity testing in a clinical chemistry environment.
- Ability to meet CAP requirements as a high-complexity director.
- Current NYSDOH Certificate of Qualification (CQ) in clinical chemistry testing (or eligibility).
Salary and Benefits:
- Generous base salary dependent upon experience
- Generous Benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID# 9672