Lighthouse Lab Services is looking for a Lab Manager in Santa Monica, CA. The ideal candidate will have experience as a generalist lab manager with a strong background in molecular testing. This position will focus on managing the laboratory budget, inventory, and validation of patient results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Manage the daily operations of assigned laboratory personnel to ensure that specimens are properly shipped and received, tests are performed accurately and efficiently, and results are reported in a timely manner.
– Perform pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical test process and evaluate results produced relative to the diagnostic assessment.
– Evaluate data for accuracy and verify any questionable finding with proper documentation, thorough investigation, and appropriate follow-through: ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance (quality controls) are maintained through the testing process and that patient results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and test system is functioning properly.
– Assist with designing processes and procedures to ensure efficient turn-around time and accuracy of results.
– Prepare and manage laboratory budget.
– Engage in continuous process and service improvement. Make and implement recommendations to improve operational efficiency, and accuracy of results
– Ensure safety and security in the work environment related to all daily activities, and immediately address any potential safety hazards.
– Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
– Ensure all work is in accordance with state and Federal regulations, organizational policy, and accreditation/compliance requirements.
– Assist in maintaining regulatory agency standards and regulations.
– Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers
– Bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science
– CLS certification
– 1+ year of previous management experience
– 4+ years experience in a molecular clinical laboratory
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job ID: 12433