Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of Clinical Laboratory Personnel in the country. We are currently seeking an experienced Laboratory Manager to join an established laboratory near Durham, NC.
The Laboratory Manager will oversee diagnostic testing personnel within a 24-hour laboratory environment (3 shifts). This position includes administrative and personnel management duties as well as oversight of testing accuracy, efficiency, and regulatory compliance. The Laboratory Manager oversees day-to-day supervision of 20+ testing personnel and review of testing results. This position is under the direction and supervision of the Laboratory Directors and ensures continued excellence and the achievement of system-wide strategic goals.
The Role You'll Play:
- Provides general supervision of laboratory staff with regards to personnel and operational management.
- Interviews and hires laboratory staff and oversees orientation and training defined by position requirements.
- Monitors quality metrics and promotes continuous quality improvements in testing, customer service, and employee satisfaction.
- Manages capital budget and operating budget remaining consistent with the goals and priorities of laboratory.
- Participates in the preparation, editing and maintenance of all policy and procedure manuals and documents for proficiency testing and laboratory inspections.
- Ensures that laboratory personnel comply with all applicable policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Provides professional growth opportunities for staff through internal and external educational activities, histocompatibility certification, involvement in professional committees, and continued competency training.
- Ensures the delivery of high quality, efficient, cost effective clinical services.
- Maintains technical expertise and participates in test verification.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent discipline required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an ASHI/CAP accredited clinical HLA laboratory, including two or more years in a supervisory or leadership capacity.
- Analytical and organizational ability necessary to provide effective operational, administrative, financial and personnel management in assigned areas.
- Interpersonal abilities necessary to deal effectively with all levels of laboratory and clinical staff.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates proficiency in HLA analysis software, LIS, and web-based applications.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary (based on experience)
- Health, Vision, Dental
- PTO & Paid Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CC Job #13152