Small town, big music! Home to one of the nation’s oldest and largest bluegrass and acoustic music festivals, Walnut Valley Festival, Winfield, Kansas is full of fun and culture. Set less than an hour from Wichita, beautiful Winfield is great place to lay down roots. If that sounds just your speed – READ ON!
Lighthouse Lab services is partnered with a healthcare system in Winfield, KS looking for a Laboratory Manager. This candidate is responsible for the direction and coordination of the personnel in Clinical Laboratory services.
If you’re looking for a supportive work environment and a quality way of life, look no further.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee job performance of chemical, microscopic, and bacteriologic tests performed in the laboratory to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- Ensure that services are of the best quality, are cost contained and are carried out in an expeditious manner.
- Responsible for communication and coordination with Lab Medical Director.
- Maintain performance improvement activities within the department and participates in QI activities.
- Participate in budget planning process.
- Run and oversee daily testing
- Ensures compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements.
- Developing and carrying out SOPs.
- Maintaining QA/QC records and programs.
- Overseeing laboratory personnel performance, training, and competency.
Minimum Preferred Profile:
- Bachelor's in Science or Medical Technology
- 2-4+ years of Laboratory Experience
- Prior Supervisor experience preferred
- ASCP certification preferred
Salary, Schedule, and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary commensurate with education and experience
- First Shift (on call some weekends or vacations as needed)
- Comprehensive Employer Insured Medical Benefits
- Very competitive retirement programs
- Quality workplace with inherent perks
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#LK Job ID #14116