Lighthouse Lab Services is the premier provider of Medical Lab Scientists in the country. We are currently looking for a Laboratory Manager to join an established laboratory near Poughkeepsie, NY.
The Laboratory Manager is responsible for the planning, development expansion, and implementation of objectives for all Laboratory Services. The Laboratory Manager is responsible for overseeing daily operations of the pathology and clinical laboratories including supervision of staff. The Laboratory Manager functions within the scope of practice regulated by state and national government as well as various accrediting agencies.
The Role You'll Play:
- Supervise laboratory staff. Performs all personnel functions for all laboratory staff including approving PTO, preparing bi-weekly time sheets, and completing all annual evaluations.
- Oversee daily operations of clinical and pathology laboratory, including LIS and interfaces with EMR, and equipment maintenance agreements.
- Maintains all laboratory records and procedure manuals in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Monitors laboratory performance for compliance with accreditation, federal, and state regulatory requirements and reports deficiencies to administration.
- Writes/updates lab policies and SOPs as necessary.
- Analyzes new tests to be implemented and assists in equipment acquisition and operational implementation.
- Prepare/review monthly reports of patients served, and specimens processed.
- Prepare agenda and compile reports for quarterly quality meetings.
- Prepare minutes from meeting.
- Maintain NYS laboratory licensure for all locations.
- 50% of workload serving as a bench technologist processing microbiology, urine cytology, urine FISH, semen analysis and clinical laboratory samples as needed.
- Current NYS Medical Technologist license required.
- 6+ years of laboratory experience.
- Previous laboratory management experience preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of individuals
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Health, Vision, Dental
- Relocation Assistance
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services – 800-838-0602 lighthouselabservices.com
#VT Job ID: 14151