Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of clinical laboratory personnel. Currently, we are working with an independent laboratory in Bakersfield, CA, that is looking for a Laboratory Manager to join their team for molecular testing. This will be a day shift, Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM position. The Laboratory Manager will perform some testing and assist with the day-to-day operations of the lab.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· B.S Medical Technology
· Current CLS License, State of California
· Minimum three years of laboratory experience
· Currently a supervisor for a lab
· Ability to provide two current acceptable and verifiable professional references
· Must possess or be eligible to obtain a current California drivers license
· Provide medical laboratory diagnostic and therapeutic information, products, and services by establishing specimen preparation procedures; developing and implementing analytical procedures; evaluating laboratory information; consulting with pathologists; reporting results according to protocols mandated by the hospital and public health department.
· Maintain medical laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
· Maintain medical laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
· Maintain medical laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas; identifying peak and slack periods; making operational or staffing adjustment.
· Maintain quality results by participating in the hospital quality assurance program; consulting with pathologists; performing proficiency surveys; reviewing quality control and quality assurance programs; making adjustments in policy and procedures; generating reports; maintaining records.
· Maintain medical laboratory information system by identifying information needs and problems; recommending improvements; establishing priorities; testing; writing user manuals; training employees; maintaining security and confidentiality.
· Implement new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by investigating alternatives; preparing proposals; developing and performing parallel testing; monitoring progress.
· Maintain medical laboratory staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
· Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
· Maintain medical laboratory staff results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Prepare physicians, nurses, patients, and students by teaching analytical theory, testing methodology, and the role of tested components in human physiology and medical
· Compile with state and professional continuing education licensure requirements by providing in-service programs; monitoring outcomes.
· Resolve problems by consulting with pathologists, other laboratory managers, technical coordinators, laboratory directors, physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals; attending committee meetings.
· Bill for services by completing requests for service; monitoring billed units; providing the billing office with service codes.
· Provide administrative support for the hospital by acting as manager on call.
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Clinical laboratory methods and practices to evaluate department and recommend improvement.
· Laboratory standards to monitor and evaluate work of technologists
· Laboratory equipment for purchase
· Medical terminology to interact with medical staff regarding laboratory procedures and results
· Safety requirements to provide instructions and to recognize and correct hazardous conditions.
· Interviewing, hiring, testing, orientation, evaluation, training and discipline
· Conducting performance appraisals for staff
· Progressive discipline techniques
· Developing and maintaining department quality assurance
· Performing a full range of laboratory tests
· Anticipating and reacting calmly to emergency situations
· Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, physicians, and staff
· Writing reports and preparing correspondence
· Identifying and resolving problems or complaints
· Read, understand, and interpret laws, regulations, memoranda of understanding, and other similar documents pertinent to the Laboratory department
· Determine budget needs and maintain expenditures within budget
· Maintain effective working relationships based on employee confidentiality
· Provide accurate and timely information to various staff and departments
Health – medical, dental, vision – stipend program if medical coverage is declined
Paid time off
Paid sick leave
8 paid holidays
1 paid birthday holiday
Company paid life insurance
Employee length of service program
Complimentary lunch M – F on site at our Health and Wellness Café
Complimentary on-site fitness center
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities.
If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-974-1929 | lighthouselabservices.com
#BW Job ID # 15760