Laboratory Manager (CLS), Core Lab
Bishop, CA · Job ID: 9870 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Lighthouse Lab Services is currently looking for a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), Generalist with Management Experience to manage and oversee a tight-knit hospital laboratory in the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains near Bishop, CA. The Clinical Laboratory Manager is responsible for overseeing all patient testing, related quality procedures including, but not limited to specimen processing, test performance, and reporting test results. This is a small lab, and the Clinical Laboratory Scientists at this lab get rotated on different benches, which offers broad exposure and opportunity for on-the-job learning. As such, the Manager will need to be comfortable rolling up his or her sleeves as the job requires
This hospital's location is a dream for lovers of the outdoors. Nestled in the high Sierras, you will be working in one of the world's most beautiful landscapes with opportunities for hiking, skiing, camping, rock climbing, and taking in the amazing scenery.
Specific job duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing various personnel functions including hiring, training, performance appraisal, and scheduling
- Effectively delegating projects and work assignments to staff
- Conducting regular team meetings to ensure effective communication of hospital goals and initiatives.
- Monitoring CLS Coordinators' compliance with proficiency testing response activities
- Overseeing Maintenance and review policies and procedures
- Assisting technical Coordinators in areas of contract negotiation, vendor interaction, and issues involving non-lab personnel.
- Providing leadership in continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Performing routine bench testing as required when circumstance dictates or regular staff is unable to complete testing in the required timeframe.
You should apply if you have a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related science, and a California CLS license. 2 years of prior management experience is required for this role, in addition to 5 years
Shift: M-F, 8a-5p with coverage / on-call duties as required
- Very competitive salary
- Sign on bonus and relocation
- Excellent Health, Vision, and Dental
- Prescription Plan
- Retirement Plan
- BS in Medical Technology or related
- State of California CLS License or eligibility
- 5 years of previous lab testing experience
- 2 years of previous lab management experience
- Micro experience is a plus
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#BK Job #: 9870