Are you interested in joining a well-run hospital near the South Jersey shore that prioritizes giving back to its employees? Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a mid-size trauma center near Ocean City, NJ that is seeking a Laboratory Manager to oversee its microbiology testing department.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to provide administrative and technical support to a 10 person microbiology team that handles all micro testing for the health system. This includes performing testing procedures and providing clinical result interpretation; ensuring quality assurance standards are met. You will also maintain operational continuity and monitor lab activities to make sure that all staff is meeting testing productivity standards.
Other responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
– Makes recommendations and coordinates changes to integrate and enhance microbiology testing services.
– Develop, implements, and evaluates policies, procedures, and business plans.
– Provides for and monitors staffing levels on each shift to support an environment that encourages professional growth and development.
– Maintains quality management programs and develops and implements action plans to improve testing performance.
– Manages all lab functions, utilizing resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
Not only is this an excellent opportunity to manage a laboratory in one of the region's most generous and well-run hospital, but the facility location is second to none. Working for this hospital will afford you the chance to live just minutes from all of the beaches, entertainment, and nightlife the jersey shore has to offer. If this sounds appealing, and you fit the below preferred profile, we'd love to hear from you:
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Microbiology, or related life science.
– M(ASCP) or MT/MLS(ASCP) required.
– 3-5+ years of microbiology experience in a hospital setting.
– 2+ years of supervisory experience in a hospital context preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
– Base salary of $65k – $97k (based on experience)
– $15,000 sign on/retention bonus
– Health, Vision, Dental
– 3 weeks PTO, 5 personal days, and 6 holidays
– 20 hours sick leave
– Merit Increases annually
– Profit sharing bonus paid out twice annually
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job # 12190