Laboratory Manager / Microbiology
Richmond, VA · Job ID: 9760 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Are you interested in joining an established lab that's looking to grow? Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a client that's currently looking for a Microbiology Laboratory Manager to help lead and take the lab to the next level. Located in Richmond, VA, you would be within driving distance of some of the most scenic and historic locations on the East Coast. If this position sounds like it was made for you, please continue to read.
In this position you would be responsible for financial management, productivity, quality and service, strategic planning, continuous improvement, staff development and management, procedures, and developing and implementing new services in the Testing Laboratory.
– Establishes laboratory organization and process plans and delegates responsibilities,
authorities, and accountabilities to appropriate staff
– Creates development and training plans for supervisory personnel within the laboratory
– Monitors and responds to monthly volumes, utilization, financial, operational and quality metrics
– Collaborate with the Executive Team on any issue that affects the quality, performance, scaling, etc. of the scientific community.
– Takes action on personnel and operational issues with urgency
– Work collaboratively with and provide leadership to the other business units
– Designs laboratory workflow processes and efficient testing schedules to ensure timely delivery of test results
– Supervises the laboratory personnel through continual general and direct supervision,
interactive staff meetings, time management, and workload distribution
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Minimum education includes a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: chemistry,
human biological science, clinical laboratory science, or medical technology
– Minimum of 5 years of experience performing high-complexity testing in a CAP/CLIA-
certified clinical microbiology laboratory
– ASCP certified (Microbiology)
– In -depth knowledge of complex laboratory techniques, laboratory safety and quality
assurance to support ongoing and future projects
-Ability to communicate well through written and verbal means is required
– Proficient with statistical and computer productivity software (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.)
– Competitive Salary (Base on Experience)
– Health, Vision, Dental
– Life Insurance
-Short and Long-term disability
-Retirement savings plan
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID# 9760