Laboratory Manager, Toxicology
Miami, FL · Job ID: 10071 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Lighthouse Lab Services is currently partnering with an outstanding start-up lab in beautiful Miami, FL that is currently searching for strong Laboratory Manager to take them to the next level.
This position will be directing all facets of the clinical laboratory operation, will be responsible for overseeing the technical staff and maintaining all of the instrumentation.
The position ensures effective operation and maintenance of all laboratory equipment, manages the screening and confirmatory testing using AU 680 and LC-MS/MS Agilent 6460. This position will require working closely with both internal and external partners so that that daily operations drive support of company objectives and ensure continuous compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Responsible for employee relations including work direction of clinical employees, training, development, performance reviews, creating, editing and administering policies and procedures.
– Supervise all lab technicians. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and guidelines.
– Direct implementation of departmental objectives, goals, and policies
– Manage the daily technical operation of the laboratory.
– Trouble shoot / edit / develop methods for LC-MS/MS.
– Maintain open communication with Laboratory Management (CEO & COO) to ensure good working relationship between clinical and business management/development.
– Identify and implement improvements in efficiency, cost effectiveness, methodology, and safety within the lab environment. Involvement in cross-functional improvement teams, as needed.
– Ensure lab technicians are following CLIA and COLA and monitor proficiency program for compliance with requirement.
– Ensure lab procedures and methods are consistently delivering accurate results; Conduct Data review of testing.
– Engage with Technical Supervisor re: testing methodologies and calibration/QC processes.
– Manage departmental costs versus budget, including managing the necessary staffing levels to achieve the required testing in the most cost-efficient manner.
– Identify and implement corrective action / preventive action as needed in the lab. Ensure actions are completed in timely manner and ensure actions are effective.
– Ensure lab data is being properly managed and maintained in appropriate data software management systems, including Excel. Utilize statistical process control where appropriate to improve product consistency and proper specification ranges.
– Work with various regulatory agencies as required.
– Develop and edit standard operating procedures; maintain records to comply with regulatory and business requirements.
– Act as advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and/or resolve conflicts.
– Bachelors Degree or higher in Chemistry, with at least 5 years toxicology experience.
– Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
– Strong technical understanding and applied skills of analytical test methods, knowledge of LC/MS-MS, and toxicology
– Experience on Agilent 6460 LC-MS/MS and Mass Hunter software and AU 680.
– Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel Supervisor’s License
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
# DS Job ID: 10071