Work for a premier independent reference laboratory that serves the greater Nashville, Tennessee area with a wide array of laboratory testing. This rapidly growing, high-volume company really appreciates its employees and offers them the career opportunities of a much larger company but still maintains that home-like and down-to-earth feel that.
– Heavy emphasis on quality
– Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee
– Newly constructed state-of-the-art laboratory
– Core Lab sample volume of 20,000 across hematology, chemistry, special chemistry, microbiology departments
How They Value and Appreciate Employees:
– Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
– Time Off (Vacation, Sick Days, Paid Company Holidays, Bereavement)
– 401(K) Retirement Plan
– Life Insurance
– Supplemental Life Insurance
– Short and Long-Term Disability
– Flexible Spending Accounts
– Employee Assistance Program
– Tuition Reimbursement
Your Role Within the Company:
You — as the Quality Assurance Operations Director — are important. Like, very important. You’ll be the person who reviews and addresses client concerns and reviews lab data to pick up on trends to ensure that records and certifications (like MT/MLS/MLT, etc) are current. You’ll be the go to person come CAP-audit time to make sure the lab exceeds expectations and is at the quality that the company is known for. When it comes to bringing recently-acquired labs up to standard, you’re the point person and you’ll oversee a team of QA folks to have the lab functioning with excellence. If it relates to QA or Compliance, the buck stops with you.
Nashville, Tennessee is a tremendously popular city filled with liveliness, great music, and excellent food. The city is an exciting place to spend an evening or take your family and friends while they visit, but the surrounding communities are also a great place to settle down after a long day of work, if that’s more your speed. For the outdoor-minded folks, you have the Couchville Cedar Glade State Natural Area as well as Radnor Lake State Park to enjoy. This is an excellent place for those with or without a family.
– Bachelor of Science or equivalent work experience
– National certification by ASCP as a Medical Technologist (MT/MLS)
– Tennessee Laboratory Supervisor’s License (or eligibility)
– Expertise reviewing and analyzing data related to client concerns and quality to evaluate trends
– 3+ years of experience ensuring records and MT/MLS and MLT certifications are kept current
– Exposure to taking the lead during CAP audits to ensure everything exceeds expectations
– Quality Management Training accreditation or certification
– Demonstrated ability to manage/supervise QA personnel/teams
– Hands-on experience helping a laboratory become compliant
– Experience with acquisitions
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
Job # 11049