Laboratory Quality Technologist
Edison, NJ · Job ID: 10116 · · Industry: Staff Laboratory
Are you looking to take the next step in your lab career by joining a large and successful commercial lab company that is currently starting a new lab? Are you tired of your current supervisor role and looking for a chance to really make an impact in your next position?
We are currently representing a lab near Edison, NJ that may be a perfect place for you. The lab is almost complete and will support the testing of 35 local physician offices. They currently need a Quality Technologist for the evening shift to assist the management team to maintain and implement quality systems to ensure accreditation standards are followed, participates in internal and external audits, and partakes in document and event management.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
– Adhere to and uphold all applicable federal and state compliance regulations as well as the client Code of Conduct and Ethical Responsibility, compliance policies and procedures, and applicable healthcare fraud, waste and abuse laws
Quality Management System
– Assists the quality specialists and area supervisors in the maintenance of the quality program for the laboratory in collaboration with the laboratory management team
– Maintains current working knowledge of all accreditation standards including CAP/CLIA, NYS, and others as necessary
– Serves as a resource to the laboratory staff and facilitates comprehension of accreditation standards and regulations
– Attends Quality Assurance meetings
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
– Position requires a four year degree in clinical laboratory science (CLS), medical technology (MT), chemistry or biology
– Knowledge of healthcare governing agency policies and procedures
– Knowledge of medical terminology
– Intrapersonal/human relations skills
– Planning and organizational skills
– Ability to extract data from conversations and documents
– Ability to maintain confidentiality
– Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
– Understanding of basic quality management concepts and regulatory/accreditation requirements
– Must be highly organized, efficient, and able to work both in a team environment and independently exercising strong decision making skills
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID# 10116